The latest in our podcast series covers the topic of Building Wealth for Millennials and offers practical tips for financial success.
When it comes to wealth creation, millennials have had it particularly tough. It is typical for millennials to still live with their parents into their 30s, even if they are hard-working and talented.
Take into consideration the context of the Great Recession of 2008, the global Coronavirus Pandemic, rapidly increasing cost of living, growing Climate Risk concerns, as well as the growing concerns of AI.
Let’s look at the stats: 63% of millennials do not feel knowledgeable about investing and retirement planning. According to a 2021 survey report from Deloitte, four in 10 millennials said they feel stressed all or most of the time – with about two-thirds of respondents agreeing that they often worry about their personal financial situations.
In this episode, podcast host Certified Financial Planner® and co-Director at TVC Wealth and Health Managers, Justin Els, offers practical financial tips specifically aimed at millennials.
In this podcast episode, we cover:
- The particularly difficult set of circumstances millennials have faced
- How property used to be so much more affordable for Boomers
- The impact of inflation on current and future financial opportunities
- Getting back to the basics when it comes to managing your money
- Setting financial goals
- Getting from A to B with investing
- Wealth creation and why it’s still possible for millennials